- STUDENT ASSESSMENT
- PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- ILLICIT DRUGS
- FIRST AID
- TEACHING & LEARNING
- OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH & SAFETY
- STUDENT WELFARE
- MANDATORY REPORTING
- BULLYING & SEXUAL HARASSMENT
- CYBER SAFETY
- CHILD SAFETY CODE OF CONDUCT
- CHILD SAFETY
- ANAPHYLAXIS MANAGEMENT
- COMPLAINTS & GRIEVANCES
SCHOOL FEES POLICY
Kamaruka Education Centre is a non-denominational, non-for-profit organization. Enrolling your son in the specialised Kamaruka Education Centre program is a commitment to fee-paying education.
School fees are set and reviewed periodically by the Kamaruka Advisory Committee, and cover all tuition costs, educational excursions and the four school camps.
Payment of Accounts/Invoices
- Invoices will be mailed within two weeks of commencement of each term and are required to be paid within each term of billing.
- Unpaid invoices create a serious cash flow burden for Kamaruka Education Centre due to bank overdraft interest charges, which have negative flow on effects for the whole school community. Families experiencing difficulty in meeting payment deadlines should contact the principal as soon as possible to make special arrangements, such as a payment plan.
- All accounts that are unpaid prior to the commencement of the following term, will incur an administrative fee of 1.75% per month as from the due date of the outstanding balance, which will be added to the balance each month. This administrative fee is charged to cover what the school has to pay in interest on our overdraft plus the additional costs involved in recovering the debt.
Continually Overdue Fees
If parents are having difficulty paying school invoices, the school requires clear communication and will enter into payment arrangements rather than to enter debt collection proceedings. If a formal arrangement is not mutually agreed to in writing, all accounts outstanding after the due date will be referred to a debt collection agency. Where an agreed arrangement is not forthcoming and an account is 60 days overdue, the school reserves the right to exclude your son from attending classes. If all else fails, the school will take whatever steps deemed necessary to recover the outstanding debt.
Accounts that are handed over to a debt collection agency, or solicitor, or are pursued through the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT), will have all commissions and legal costs added to the outstanding debt’s balance.
Methods of Payment
1. Direct Deposit
School Fees may be paid in full or instalments by direct deposit into the Kamaruka Education Centre account as follows:
Account Name: Kamaruka Inc
Account Number: 173560
PLEASE INCLUDE THE INVOICE NUMBER AS WELL AS THE STUDENT’S SURNAME AS THE PAYMENT RECEIVER REFERENCE.
2. Bank / Personal Cheque
Cash payments will not be accepted by the school.
All cheques should be made payable to Kamaruka Inc and mailed to:
PO Box 6086
Chapel Street North
South Yarra 3141
NOTE: A charge of $60 will apply to each cheque payment that is dishonoured.
Notice of Withdrawal of a Student
A student who ceases enrolment for whatever reason within a school term, will not be eligible for a refund of any portion of the term fees.
Equipment and Uniforms
A martial arts uniform will be issued to each new enrolment, but remains the property of Kamaruka Education Centre. Loss or damage to uniforms will see the cost added to the school fees account.
Damage done to any school property, will incur a replacement cost that will be added to the school account.
All policy documents are accessible on the Kamaruka website and are available for staff to view in each staff room. Copies are provided for parents with enrolment forms.
Ratified by the Kamaruka Education Centre Advisory Committee 20 August 2015
Review Date: September 2017